School House, Polesworth
A building constructed during the Imperial period as a school. It is built of red and black bricks that are arranged in a chequered pattern. The building is situated on the corner of Bridge Street and High Street in Polesworth.
1 School founded by Sir Francis Nethersole 1638, first built in 1655 and completely rebuilt in 1818. Built, chequered red and black bricks with stone dressings, of half H-shaped plan. The centre piece of stone is flanked by semi octagonal turrets with cupolas. Above the roof is an open sided stone lantern with a domed roof.
3 Photographed in 1977.