Almshouses at Saltisford, formed in 17th century destroyed in late 1960's. Site lies just west of the old St Michael's Chapel and 25 meters southwest of the old leper hospital.
1 Almshouses are thought to have been built on the site in the mid 17th century. By 1788 the almshouses formed part of Thomas Puckerings Charity and lay within a small enclosure, separate from the chapel and the rest of the precinct.
2 The Almshouses are marked on the Board of Health map in 1851 as Saltisford Almshouses again in their own separate enclosure with the boundary being a hedge. There is also a trough, pump and privy marked in the rear garden.
3 The Almshouses are further marked on the OS 1st edition as Almshouses and appear to have been demolished between 1967-69.