Roman Catholic Chapel at Wappenbury
A Roman Catholic Chapel built in the Imperial period, and located at Wappenbury.
1 Sir Thomas Preston, Lord of Wappenbury, entered the Jesuit order in 1674. His daughter Anne brought the property by marriage to Hugh, second Lord Clifford. In 1676 there was a secret chapel at Wappenbury served by the Jesuit fathers.
2 A Roman Catholic chapel, built in 1849 on a site given by Lord Clifford.
3 Brick; nave and chancel.