Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Upper Brailes, 2017, with former Sunday School attached. The plaque above the entrance reads 'PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED A.D. 1863'. It appears on OS maps and in trade directories from 1850-1932 (a former chapel built in 1848 accounting for the earlier entries). It is currently let as offices.
Image courtesy of Anne Langley
Description of this historic site
A Primitive Methodist Chapel which was built during the Imperial period. It is situated at Upper Brailes, 300m north of Grove End.
Notes about this historic site
1 This Methodist chapel is brick-built with a date of 1863 over the door. It replaces an earlier chapel built at College Green in 1847 (see PRN 2304).
2A photographic record was made of the building prior to conversion
- For the sources of these notes, see the
- Timetrail record
- produced by the Historic Environment Record.