Site of Old Church of St Peter, Radway.
The site of the Medieval Church of St Peter which was the parish church in Radway. It was rebuilt on a different site in 1886. The remains of the Medieval church are still visible, as are some grave stones and a memorial. The site is located to the south of the present church.
1 The parish church was rebuilt on a new site in 1866 (PRN 696). The church at Radway was first recorded in 1291.
2 The site is marked by a pile of rubble, some gravestones and a memorial to two members of the Miller family.
3 Survey of monumental inscriptions on graves and monuments in the graveyard and inside the church
4 Survey of monumental inscriptions of Warwickshire graveyards and churches and floral survey of churchyards. Includes a plan that shows graves to the south of the church. The shape of the land boundary seems consistent with a different orientation however, one that would make the church aligned north-south with the graves to the west.
5 Historical map showing graveyard close around the church