Possible Site of Oratory at Wood Bevington
The possible site of a small private chapel, known as an oratory, dating from the Medieval period and known from documentary evidence. It is situated in the area of Cock Bevington.
1 Two private chapels are mentioned in the parish in the 14th century. In 1339 Emma Wilkynes received a licence from the Bishop of Worcester for a chaplain to celebrate in her oratory at Wood Bevington. The name of Chapel Oak Farm on the Evesham-Alcester road may commemorate either this chapel or PRN 1495.