Old Rectory Farm, Brailes
Old Rectory Farm, a house which was built during the Post Medieval period. It is situated 100m north west of The Park.
1 Early 17th century building, having two stories and attics, stone built. The west gable end has the original stone mullioned windows and wing lights. The front is of brick with flat brick built arches. There is a moulded wooden doorcase with a simple hood and a parapet. The present house must have succeeded an earlier one since it is recorded that William Bishop, the first Roman Catholic bishop sent to England after the Reformation was born here in 1553. Prior to the Reformation Rectory Farm was in the hands of the abbots of Kenilworth. In 1725, a member of the Bishop family converted the malthouse into a Roman Catholic chapel. Although refered to as the manor house, there is no evidence for manorial connections.