Marston Junction off Marston Lane, Bedworth
The canal junction of the Coventry and Ashby de la Zouche Canals, which were waterways used for transporting goods. They date from the Imperial period, and the junction is situated at Marston Bridge, Bedworth.
1 At this point the Ashby de la Zouch canal joins the Coventry. The junction was made in 1804. On each side of the junction are buildings, one named ‘Lock House’, the other ‘Canal House. There is also an indentation in the bank opposite the junction, presumably to facilitate boat turning into and out of the Ashby Canal. Both buildings are now demolished, although their sites are still visible.