Fishpond 200m E of Redlands Farm
A fishpond used for the breeding and storage of fish, and other ditches visible as earthworks. The fishpond and ditches date to the Medieval period. They are situated at Newnham, Aston Cantlow.
1 A field containing a series of broad, shallow ditches. It has been suggested that there is a moat on the site (PRN 1589), but the most obvious feature is a fishpond in the SW corner of the field close to the road. The pond is approximately 25m by 16m with an exit channel in its SE corner.