Site of Medieval Roads to N of Castle
The site of Medieval roads which are known from documentary sources and from historic maps. They are located to the north of Warwick Castle.
1 A series of maps of 1610, 1711, 1788, 1851 and 1966 were examined. This indicated that the E part of the site, now level, concealed a steep slope climbed by a road system, Castle Street Hill and Back Hill.
2 Excavation along Castle Lane and Back Hills might produce evidence of the Medieval urban plan.