Disused Wharf W of Gibraltar Bridge, S of Broadwell
The site of a canal wharf, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods during the Imperial period. It was located just to the west of Gibraltar Bridge north of Stockton, and was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886.
1 There is a wharf shown on the 1886 OS map to the W of Gibraltar Bridge on the Warwick and Napton canal. A large square basin is shown to the west of the wharf. ?Possibly a winding hole. The wharf is close to, and presumably served, Napton and Stockton station.
2 There is a derelict winding hole, now private, at this point. If there was a wharf, it is now overgrown and private.