The site of Coventry Colliery, where coal was mined. It opened during the Imperial period and was situated 500m north west of Keresley United Reform Church.
1 The first shaft of the Coventry Colliery was sunk in 1911. The colliery’s main shafts lay on the land of Newland House Farm in Exhall, but the buildings, the branch railway and other workings straddled the West Midlands (Keresley) boundary. It provided a focus of modern settlement.
2 Information from West Midlands SMR No 9244.