Church of St Edmund, Shipston on Stour
The Church of St Edmund, originally built in the Medieval period. It was rebuilt along 14th century designs in 1855. The church is located 150m north east of the post office, Shipston on Stour.
1 Church consists of a chancel, a N chapel, a vestry, S chapel, nave, N and S aisle, S porch and W tower. The whole church, except the 15th century Hornton stone tower, was rebuilt in 1855, to the design of George E Street in the style of the 14th century. From notes made by Pratlinton in 1812 the former church appears to have been of early date, consisting of a chancel and chapel and a nave separated from a N aisle by a round-arched arcade.
2 Brown-stone W tower of the 15th century, the rest 1855 by Street.