Brick Kiln Piece
The site of a brick kiln used for the manufacture of bricks during the Imperial period. The site is known from documentary evidence and is located 500m east of Alcester Lodge.
1 At SP075592 there is a field called Brick Kiln Piece in 1836, Brick Kiln Field in 1874. The adjacent field to the east was called Brick Kiln Meadow in 1771, while that to the south east has a disused clay pit shown on the 1886 1st edition OS map. Brickmaking activities seem therefore to date at least to the 18th century. However the exact location of the kiln is uncertain. The area is currently arable and there are no surface traces.