Boundary Wall at Park House
Excavations revealed a boundary wall dating to the Imperial period. It may be the same wall marked on two maps dated 1788 and 1806. The site is just south of Warwick Castle Old Bridge.
1 An archaeological evaluation at this location involved the excavation of trial trenches either side of the former London Road. An 18th century pit was found to have truncated earlier deposits. A hollow containing a boundary wall demolished in the 18th or early 19th century was also identified. This wall could be that shown on maps of 1788 and 1806. Following demolition the wall was buried in two episodes of dumping which presumably represent 18th/19th century landscaping.