Bidford Navigation Weir
The site of a river weir and lock, a rectangular chamber with wooden gates at each end, and sluices to lower and raise the water level. It dated from the Post Medieval period, and was located on the River Avon, immediately to the west of Bidford Bridge.
1 The flash lock here is presumably Sandys’ idea although as the structure survived until 1955 it is unlikely that the actual machinery was his. The lock consisted of a removable section at the weir through which boats could pass. The weir had a lift of 8″.