Site of Ford 500m E of Church, Salford Priors
The site of a ford, a shallow point in a river where people, animals and vehicles would have crossed. The date of the ford is unknown. It is located 400m east of the church, Salford Priors.
1 The original course of the Evesham-Stratford Road crosses a field a little to the S of the present bridge which leads down to the Arrow just below its junction with Ban Brook. Here must have been the ford from which the village took its name, the road being the Salt Way from Droitwich to Hillborough. Salford ford is mentioned in 1654 and may have continued to have been used until the present bridge was built in 1806.