Bedworth Anti Aircraft Artillery Site
The site of a heavy anti aircraft installation dating from the Second World War and identified from documentary and aerial photograph evidence. It was situated 400 metres east of Bulkington Bridge.
1 The site of a heavy anti aircraft installation A, title H21, first mentioned in February 1940 and part of Coventry Gun Defended Area. It was equipped with 4 x 3.7″ static guns and with fire control radar. After the War in 1946 it became the Nucleus Force Battery Head Quarters which meant that it was a permanently gunned site.
2 The installation can be seen on a RAF aerial photo from 1947, with the accommodation camp to the north and the gun pits to the south.
3 The domestic area and the gun siting identified and outlined.