Brownsover Mill, destroyed by fire in 1956. The first recorded miller was Robert Watson who was at the mill from the 1820's until about 1860. He was followed by J. Denny in 1860 and J. Ivens in 1864. From 1868 to 1878 Thomas Everard ran the mill, and from 1884 to 1892 Abraham Pittern. No millers are known after this time and the mill was probably disused by 1910. All traces of the mill buildings have disappeared, but a bridge crosses the river at the site and the watercourses can be seen. The pool was enlarged to form a reservoir in 1902.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: RUG, T725.34, img: 6420
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.