Thurlaston windmill. 1902
Red brick tower (tarred) with marked batter and conical black roof, built in 1794. Tall, about 60ft (c.18m), 5 storey. Had 2 pairs stones, staging, dome cap, fantail & 4 sails (2 common, 2 shuttered) which came down in 1925. Also 2 pairs stones ground floor worked by steam engine to 1919. Ceased milling c.1924. Converted to house in the early 1970s.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: W, THU, img: 7840
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.