A canal reservoir, dating from the Imperial period, and used to maintain the water level of the Oxford Canal. It was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886, and is located 2km south of Wormleighton.
1 Marked on 1886 6″ OS map.
2 In 1787 the Oxford agreed to purchse 18 acres from Lord Spencer for £1373.80. On this site, immediately to the E of the tunnel and adjacent to the summit pound of the canal, was built Wormleighton Reservoir. Its 12 acres held 2,860,000 gallons of water.