Welford Lower (New) Lock
Site of a river lock, a chamber with wooden gates at each end, and sluices to lower and raise the water level. It dates to the Imperial period, and is situated 300m west of the Barton Road Caravan Site.
1 This along with the Luddington new lock (WA4347) was built during the improvements to the navigation of 1827 during the Hanoverian period. The remains of the lock and weir can be seen. The lock chamber was about 60′ by 12′ with a lift of 1’19”. It is probable that the lock had double head and bottom gates with balance beams. The four main gate head stones with quoin grooves remain to mark the chamber. The overfall weir has disappeared.