Thickthorn Wood

Description of this historic site

Medieval Wood

Notes about this historic site

1 In 1316 the canons of Kenilworth secured surrender of common rights in a wood called Thickthorne and a pasture called Littlehay which stretched from Sohochale lidgate to the hedge of Wydenhai and from the Firth to the fields of Ashow. The present Thickthorn Wood presumably covers all or part of the Medieval wood of that name. Thickthorn was given to Kenilworth priory by John de Simely.

More from Ashow
More from Forestry