The Old Farm, Rowington
A timber framed house which was built in the Medieval period, although alterations were carried out later, including a two storey porch in the Post Medieval period. It is situated 900m north east of Rowington church.
1 Old Farm, formerly known as Whitley End Farm. Occupancy for this site is noted from 1548 – 1665. When the house was built in the Medieval period it consisted of three rooms and a cross passage. Before 1560 a chimney was added to the hall and upper floors inserted. Later a parlour wing was added. In 1606 the house was described as being of five bays with six further bays of barns and stables. In the early 17th century an ornate two storey porch was built onto the front of the house. A dairy was added to the rear during the 18th century. It is marked as building No. 49 on the 1550 – 1650 map in this book.