Site of Whitchurch Mill
There is documentary evidence from 1086 and 1584 that there were two mills in Whitchurch. They were located 400m north west of St Mary's Church.
1 There were two mills in Whitchurch in 1086. In 1584 two mills are mentioned again.
2 There is no trace of a mill in this vicinity.
3 Field survey and desk top survey noted that before a local tram way was constructed they was a small enclosure with a building which could have been associated with a mill.