Clifton Mill Race to SE of Clifford Chambers
The site of a mill race which was in use from the Medieval to the Imperial period. It is still visible as an earthwork. The mill race was located to the south east of Clifford Chambers.
1 Clifton Mill Race is still intact. The mill race has been diverted from the river between SP2051 and SP1952. Part of it forms the eastern side of a moated site (WA 1325). The mill race is now blocked as the weir at SP2051 is not functioning. The stream adjacent to the mill used to flow through a walled channel. The mill (WA 1326) is no longer used as a mill.