Site of Shrunken Settlement at Wood Bevington
The site of a shrunken village at Wood Bevington. The village is known to have existed from documentary evidence. It dates from the Medieval period.
1 In 1506 William Grey depopulated seven houses here. His son appears to have rebuilt them in 1519.
2 No trace of desertion was found.
3 A linear bank and rectangular ditch were observed to the south of The Orchard on aerial photographs. The features were mapped as part of the English Heritage National Mapping Project.