Site of Poss Medieval Manor House at Bushwood Hall
The site of a manor house dating to the Medieval period. It is known from documentary evidence. It was situated 700m north west of Bushwood.
1 The contract for the building of a hall at Lapworth dated 1314 still exists, and Dugdale supposes this to be what is now known as Bushwood Hall.
2 The present building is Post Medieval or later in date.
4 In 1313 Sir John de Bishopesdon acquired land in Lapworth and Bushwood and made an agreement with a mason and quarry-owner to build a gatehouse. There is little doubt that the site in question is Bushwood Hall. The room above the gatehouse was a hall of substantial dimensions, at least 3.3m by 10.3m, with two fireplaces and two privies. A roof-walk and a parapet indicate defence.