Site of Medieval Church of All Saints, Leamington Spa.
The site of the Medieval Church of All Saints which was entirely rebuilt in 1843. The old church was a small building consisting of a chancel and nave, which was enlarged during the early 1800s. A drawing of the church in 1820 exists. It is situated 400m north of the hospital.
1 The old parish church was a small building, consisting of chancel and nave, apparently of the 13th century, with a W tower added in the 14th century, and a S porch of 17th century or 18th century date. This was enlarged in 1816, 1824, 1829, 1832 and 1834. The entire rebuilding of the church began in 1843. The 19th century church preserves some 18th century mural tablets from its predecessor, also five old bells recast in 1826.
2 Drawing of c1820.