Site of Medieval Chapel of St Peter, Bishopton
The site of the chapel of St Peter dating to the Medieval period, which was pulled down and rebuilt in the Imperial period. It was situated north of The Avenue, Bishopton.
1 The chapel of St Peter at Bishopton was endowed in the reign of King John (1199-1216). The old chapel was pulled down and rebuilt in 1836 (MWA5304).
2 Duplicate of MWA6261, proposed as an alternative location for the medieval chapel of St Peter.