Site of Fishpond at Junction of High St and Bath St
A map of 1783 locates this as the site of a Medieval/Post Medieval fishpond, used for the breeding and storage of fish. Now built over, it was situated at the junction of High Street and Bath Street, Leamington Spa.
1 ‘Fishpond’ marked on a map of 1783. In 1815 it was filled in by Michael Copps and is marked on a map of 1818 as a bowling green.
2 It was at the NE corner of the High Street and Bath Street cross roads and is now built on.