Fishpond 100m NE of The Cottage
A Medieval fishpond, used for the breeding and storing of fish. It is marked on a Tithe Map of 1840, and is still visible as an earthwork. It is situated 300m southwest of Moat House Covert.
1 A Medieval fishpond bay is 100m in length and averages 7m in width. At the centre, where a stream passes through a narrow break, the bay reaches 1.5m in height. At the SE end is an overspill channel. The field on the N side of the bay corresponds with the original extent of the pond and is called Fish Pool Meadow on the local tithe map. Other adjoining fields to the E and S are called Fish Pool Bank.
2 Tithe map.