Site of Edstone Deserted Medieval Settlement
The site of Edstone deserted settlement dating to the Medieval period. The settlement is known from documentary evidence. It was located 900m north of Bearley Cross.
1 Edstone. In 1332 a tax return showed eight people taxed. Dugdale notes a chapel (PRN 5238) and the hamlet was recorded in Domesday.
2 The indicated area is now private park. There is no evidence of desertion on the ground or on aerial photographs.