Site of Chayne Bridge, by Grandborough Mill
Documentary evidence suggests that this is the site of a Post Medieval bridge called Chayne Bridge. The present brick bridge is undated. It crosses the Leam 300m northeast of St Peter's Church at Grandborough.
1 The River Leam divides the hamlet of Woolscott from the village of Grandborough. The road connecting the two at Grandborough Mill is carried over the river by two bridges, of which the N was called Chayne Bridge in 1627.
2 There is now an undated brick bridge on the site.