Site of Chapel at Salford Priors
Documentary evidence suggests that there was a Medieval Chapel at Salford Priors.
Possible site of Medieval chapel.
1 Two private chapels are mentioned in the parish in the C14. In 1344 a licence was granted to Agnes Austin for a chapel in her house. This was probably in Abbots Salford, where there are references to a family of Austins from the C13 to C15. The name of Chapel Oak Farm on the Evesham-Alcester road may commemorate either this chapel or PRN 1494.