Site of Caldecote Mill
The site of Caldecote Watermill. It was first documented during the Medieval period and continued in use until the Imperial period. It was situated 600m north east of Spring Wood.
1 In 1086 the mill at Caldecote was valued at 2s. The mill is mentioned in the 14th century and 16th century. In 1584 there were three mills in the manor, probably including a windmill. In 1794 a watermill and a windmill are mentioned. The mill was still working in 1830. It had been demolished by 1886. No trace of the mill or its watercourse remain on the site.