Shrunken Settlement at Greenhill Green
The site of shrunken village at Greenhill Green, dating to the Imperial period. and known from documentary evidence and earthworks. It is situated 600m north east of Spernall Park.
1 Greenhill Green lay at the junction of roads from Spernall, Shelfield/Great Alne and Oldberrow, the roads to Shelfield and Great Alne having now fallen into decay. Settlement does not appear to have been extensive but an additional house on the S side of the Green is noted in 1807 and 1820, when it appears to have been an inn. A raised platform of uncertain function has been noted beside the stream to the W of the probable house-site and a trackway runs down to the former house site from Greenhill Farm.