Riversley Park, Nuneaton
Park adjacent to river Anker with bandstand, serpentine paths and shrubbery. Recommended for inclusion on the Local List by Lovie.
12 Riversley Park, Nuneaton.
Park on ground adjacent to the river Anker given to the town by an Alderman in 1907. Laid out with a series of tree-lined walks, a bandstand, tennis courts, blowing greens and pitches, with two bridges crossing the river. Various changes include:
1920 War Memorial, art gallery and museum.
1930s limestone rock garden.
c.1950 a Second World War Memorial garden added.
Lovie reports that the Park has retained much of its original plan and features. The present bridges are modern and replaced the original ones.