Quarry SE of Church, Thurlaston
The site of a quarry or sand pit that was in use during the Imperial period. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886 and is visible as an earthwork. The site lies 100m west of Main Street, Thurlaston.
1 This field is known as The Sand Pit on OS maps.
2 The field is now pasture and there are pronounced earthworks still visible which may be the result of quarrying.