Quarry off Main Street to N of Thurlaston
The site of a quarry or sand pit which was in use during the Imperial period. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886 and is still partially visible as an earthwork. It is situated at the southern end of Thurlaston.
1 Sandpit appears on 1886 OS 6″ map.
2 Part of the sandpit has been planted with grass and trees.