Quarry near Whateley's Drive, Kenilworth
The site of a quarry which was in use during the Imperial period and which is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1905 as 'Old Sand Pit'. Earthworks are still visible at the site, which is situated 300m east of Abbey Fields.
1 On the 1905 OS map, an area centred on the above NGR is recorded as being the ‘Old Sand Pit’.
2 Nothing further was discovered about the site, but one side of it is visible as an escarpment in the middle of a school playing field.