Post Medieval robber trenches, Thelsford Priory
Archaeological excavation discovered several ditches, or robbing trenches, dating to the Post Medieval period which contained pottery from the 16th and 17th centuries. The site is located 700m south east of the church, Wasperton.
1 During the excavation of the Church (PRN 6275) in 1966 a small area of robbing trenches was emptied; they contained 16th-17th century pottery.
2 In 1972 an area of post-Dissolution disturbance was excavated on the W of the site.
3 Area of SAM revised 1996. Following the Dissolution of the Priory in 1538, the church was destroyed and much of its stone was removed and reused, mostly at Wasterton Manor and Thelsford Farm.