Post Medieval Manor House at Lower Itchington
The remains of a manor house built during the Post Medieval period. The house had been abandoned by 1730 and converted into six dwellings. A present day farmhouse retains some features of the manor house. It is situated 1km south of Bishop's Itchington.
1 Thomas Fisher depopulated the Medieval village (PRN 632) and pulled down the church to build a large manor house. In 1730 this manor house had been abandoned and converted into two of the six dwellings that then existed at Lower Itchington (PRN 6182).
2 The mother church was ‘quite demolished’ in 1649.
3 The existing farmhouse contains remains of the manor house and also remains of the earlier church. These were revealed during recent removal of plaster.
4 Photographed in 1985.