Medieval Market Place to NW of Corner Farm, Tysoe
The site of a Medieval market place in Lower Tysoe. The remains of the market place are visible as earthworks. The remains of a market cross have been found in this field, which is situated to the north west of Corner Farm.
1 In 1341 Ralph, afterwards created Earl of Stafford, was granted a weekly market at Tysoe.
2 It was thought that the market was in the field at the above grid reference. In this field are various amorphous earthworks and a large flat rectangular area adjacent to the junction of two present day roads. The base of a market cross has been located in this field (PRN 2059). Part of the field is now two tarmac tennis courts.