Kent's Farm (Starve All Farm), Kineton
Farm Buildings dating to the Imperial Period, formerly known as Starve All Farm. Demolished in 2004/5.
1 The oldest part of the house, a lobby-fronted farmhouse built of Lias Limeston probably dates to the late 17th or early 18th century. The dairy to the north east, also built of Lias Limestone, is likely to an original element or a very early extension. Another probable early extension to the east of the house was demolished between 1843 and 1886. A survivng, brick built western extension to the farmhouse, originally contructed as an independent dwelling, is probably later 18th or early 19th century in date. Further brick outbuildings to the rear date to between 1843 and 1886. The farm buidings and barns to the east were also recorded. Lias Limestone ranges to the north and east are likely to be contempoary with the early farmhouse. Between 1843 and 1886 the farm buildings were extensively remodelled, the southern part of the northern ranges being rebuilt in brick, the eastern ranges being lengthened, and a new brick range to the west. During the 20th century the western end of the northern range was replaced by a brick garage. Other now demolished buildings are shown to the north on 1886 and 1905 maps.