Imperial period quarry 500m S of Spernall Park
The site of a quarry dating to the Imperial period. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. It is situated 500m south of Spernall Park.
1 Refered to as an ‘Old Sand Pit’ on OS first edition map, filled in recently. A semi-circular close with a cottage situated at the east end is indicated in this location in 1695, although not in 1746.