Finwood Farm, Lowsonford, Rowington
A timber framed house parts of which may date back to the Medieval period, but it is mainly of Post Medieval date. There is also a timber framed barn infilled with brick. It is situated 700m north east of Lowsonford.
1 The house which is of three storeys was enlarged c.1570s and incorporates part of the older house. The central chimney stack has diagonal brick shafts, and wouth of it there is a later stack. The hall has a wide, open hearth and there is a fine stone mantel in the dining room. Much of the house has been bricked round and part is plastered. There is a barn of timber frame and brick. It is marked as building No. 26 on the 1550 – 1650 map in this book.
2 Finwood Farm is a late 16th century house of ‘L’ shaped plan and of two stories and attics. The walls are timber-framed but the only exposed timber work is in the gabled east end, which has square framing below and close-set studding above. The lower rooms have heavy chamfered ceiling-beams and joists.
3 Listed Building details added for the farmstead which includes the farmhouse (DWA5385) and barn (DWA5776) and mapping done.