Deserted Post Medieval Settlement at Upper Milcote
The site of a deserted settlement dating to the Post Medieval period. A hollow way and other earthworks are visible. It is located 350m west of Clifford Chambers bridge.
1 Rous mentions the destruction of a village at Milcote and a church is recorded as demolished in 1638 (PRN 6287). 17th century poor law disputes occurred.
2 There appear to have been two Milcotes – Milcote on Avon and Milcote on Stour.
3 Marked as Far Milcote.
4 Two houses stand on the site today. Earthworks are visible in the field E of Milcote Hall. There is a pronounced hollow way running from the Hall to the river. Other slight earthworks may be the remains of house platforms.