Church of St Margaret, Whitnash
The Parish Church of St. Margaret which was originally built during the Medieval period but which was largely rebuilt during the Imperial period. It is located on Whitnash Road, Whitnash.
1 Chancel, nave, S aisle, W tower, vestry, and S porch. Practically rebuilt in recent times except for the late C15 tower. The old church consisted of chancel, aisleless nave (both probably of C13 origin) and the existing tower, and an C18 S porch. The modern walls are of brickwork faced with ashlar. Some Medieval work survives in the chancel. Early C16 brasses. The church is recorded in the early C12.
2 Ashlar-faced W tower, probably Perp. The rebuilt parts of the church by Sir G G Scott: chancel 1855, S aisle 1867, nave (after his death) 1880. Extremely lush foliage on capitals, etc, done by Miss Agnes Bonham.
4 Noted by Ordnance Survey.
5 Correspondence from 1991.