Alcester Waterworks Wheel
Alcester pump house which was in use during the Imperial period. It was used to pump water to a reservoir on Grunt Hill. The water wheel is still visible but the parts of the pump house are not. It was situated 200m north of the church at Arrow.
1 A 19th century pitchback waterwheel 5.7m diameter by 0.7m wide which was part of a pumping station lifting water from a well and bore hole on the site to a reservoir on Grunt Hill whence it gravitated to Alcester. Waterwheel remained in use until 1944 supplemented by a gas engine.
2 The wheel is still in situ. The condition (if any) of the rest of the pumping station is not known.